Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
- A Deacon's Journey Through Islam
- Deacon Encounters Islam
- The Church and Interfaith Relations
- The Church & Dialogue
- Messages and Documents of the Pontifical Council for Inter-Religious Dialogue
- Pope John Paul II -- Interfaith Giant
- Vatican Launches Catholic-Islamic Dialogue
- Muslim-Christian Dialogue
- Islam FAQs
- Interreligious Dialogue
- Monastic Interreligious Dialogue Glossary (A - Z)
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
- Property Manager Bilked 420 Million in Condo Fraud, Victims Claim
- Toronto: Slumlord Manzoor Moorshed Khan Allegedly Defrauds Tenants of $14 Million
- Condo Fraud Allegations Grows to 9 Properties
- Condo Fraud Allegations Shock Family
- Resident Warned of Condo Fraud Years Ago
- Alleged Toronto Condo Fraudster in Bangladesh
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- 18 Killed as Powerful Earthquake Jolts Northeast India, Nepal
- Sept 18, 2011 Earthquake in Photos
- 6.8 Sikkim Quake Jolts Bangladesh
- Sikkim Earthquake
- The Great Assam Earthquake of 1897
- Scenario of Seismic Hazard in Assam
- Documentation on Past Disasters...in Assam
- Environmental Information System -- Assam
- 1897 Assam Earthquake
- Earthquakes of Dhaka
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Saturday, September 17, 2011
This year we stayed at one of the Bel-Air cottages where we could cook our own meals. Last year we stayed in one of the Bel-Air motels where there are no cooking facilities available.
The following photos give you a glimpse of the sun, sand and swim that one can enjoy at this well-kept beach. The sunset scenes are always different and they linger on in your mind for days to come.
A seagull is taking a bath by flipping in the shallow water
before and after the sunset. This is a pre-sunset scene.
Photos (SaubleBeach: September 2-5, 2011) © Jerome and Joachim Romeo D'Costa
Monday, September 12, 2011
in New York under plane attack on September 11, 2001
Photo courtesy: www.bnp.org.uk/
A number of countries around the world officially remembered the dead in New York and paid tribute to them, including their own citizens who had fallen victim to the dastardly plane attack on common people in the twin towers.
Pope Benedict XVI, while in Ancona, Italy, prayed for the 9/11 victims and their families. He also said: “I invite the leaders of nations and men of goodwill to reject violence always as a solution to problems, to resist the temptation to hate and to work within society based on the principles of solidarity, justice and peace.”
In the four plane terrorist attacks on that day, a total of 2,996 people were dead – among them 2,977 were the victims and 19 were jihadist terrorists influenced by Osama bin Laden, the founder-leader of the Al-Qaeda. Citizens of about 80 countries, including the U.S.A., were among the victims. No one is sure about the exact number of Bangladeshis and Bangladeshi-Americans who were killed in the attacks.
Why Bangladesh Should Remember Its Own Dead
- September 11 of every year is a good occasion to pay tribute to the dead, including Bangladeshis.
- It is an occasion to remind the country men and women about the viciousness of terrorism in whatever form it may come.
- It’s a time to express solidarity with the world in fighting terrorism in its own soil.